I've been trying for ages to try and get you guys to feel more comfortable talking to me, by posting more journals about me and what I've been trying to work on, but it doesn't seem to be working. Heck, it seems to be causing people to ignore me more lol
Anyway, I just thought I'd post a journal to ask you guys a few questions
I'll start with some general questions.... how do I start, um... lately I've been in a bit of a slump (thought I'd be able to force my way through by continuously drawing and such) and it's probably due to the lack of feedback (which I'm not gonna go into again) so I thought I'd ask you guys a few questions about it.
I was wondering:
1) What about my art do you guys like the most?
2) Are you here JUST for my dorky chibis?
3) Is their anything you'd like me to focus more on?
4) I've got a lot of fandoms I'd like to draw art for, but is their any that you'd like to see me draw more of?
5) Are you annoyed by my overload of headshots, or does it not bother you?
This isn't really art related (well, it kinda is but... idk) Some one told me that my Greek Modernology versions of Zeus and them aren't considered OCs. This irks me, I mean, I always thought that since I DESIGNED how they looked, I CREATED alternate names/aliases that allow them to live human lives, I'm WORKING on a plot for their story, and I've MODIFIED their personalities. It's not like their the EXACT Greek gods from the myths... but are they or aren't they considered OCs? It's been racking my brain for awhile now.
I know it's a lot of questions, but I feel like if I had an answer... ANY answer it my help me focus my attention on the things that will help me move forward in my art. I don't wanna feel limited and restricted like I have been the past few months.
Another thing I was hoping you guys would help me with is... My Oasis universe. I need help brainstorming for it. There's a few things that I'm having difficulty figuring out, like:
1) I need to find a suitable locations. The original Mt. Olympus has crossed my mind, or maybe along the Mediterranean shore or something. I'm also consider having it float and move around like Olympus, as well, or would that be too much.
2) I also need to work on a map of the city, which is going to include a normal high school, college, banks, etc., sorta like New Rome. I know for certain the center piece will be a temple that alternates gods everyday (I think Annabeth brainstormed something like it in one of the books... can't remember though) where the 14 (the main 12 gods' godlings and Hestia and Hades' godlings) will have weekly meetings. I've also decided that once every month the minor gods' godlings bring in problems, ideas, topics, etc. for the council to resolve and/or discuss. Just so everyone gets a say (unlike Olympus)
It's a lot of research, but I think it's gonna be worth it
I've already got 6 of the 14 rulers named. There's Kaise Kyle (she's a British godling of Zeus), Hima Maharaj (she's a Hindu worshiper of Hera, who used to be human), Thomas Wells (he's an Australian godling of Poseidon), Sebasten Martens (he's a godling son of Hades and Persephone), Aeneus Sidonius (he's a Roman godling of Demeter or Ceres in this case), and Shurik Moskalets (he's a Russian godling of Ares).
So... if you guys have any ideas for Oasis or answers to any of my questions PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me... I need all the help I can get